Well this is a fun surprise, being a nominee for a blogging award! I’ve been blogging for a long time now, and this ended up being a great treat when I read about it this weekend. Turns out the Liebster award has been around for 7 years and is a way for bloggers to recognize and support other bloggers. So one person who gets nominated wins a prize, AND I get to nominate people myself. So let’s dive in, okay?!
There are a few rules to the Liebster awared, which is great, because I love structure!
The Rules Are:
- Thank the person who nominated you – easy!
- Answer the questions the person who nominated me asked – sounds fun!
- Write about why I’m passionate about blogging – no problemo.
- Share 10 random facts about myself – oh boy!
- Nominate at least 5 blogs for the award – yay I love highlighting other bloggers!
- Ask my own set of questions for my nominees – I got this.
Thank you 🙂
I first found out about and got nominated for this award by Angela at the blog Oh Happy Davis. She and I recently connected and have been talking recipes, specifically vegan ones, and I always enjoy talking food. Angela thanks SO much for finding me and for the nom, and I look forward to chatting more! Definitely check her blog out, so you get the scoop on all things vegan eating.
Angela’s Questions for me:
- What song do you have completely memorized?
- SO many, but I enjoy showing off my 90’s rapping skills with Shoop by Salt ’n Peppa.
- What takes up the most of your time?
- Cooking and blogging. I love doing both, so these 2 hobbies are fused together and keep me happily busy in my spare time.
- Is there a movie or TV show that you refuse to watch, and why?
- Yes, I’ll NEVER watch Children of the Corn, because I grew up on a farm surrounded by corn fields on all sides, so this movie sounds horrible.
- What is something that is considered a luxury but that you cannot live without?
- My Keurig, because it keeps me happily caffeinated and feeling human all day.
- Name something that you are interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
- Archaeology – I actually inadvertently majored in it!
- What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
- Do you have a minute? I get this nonstop at work, and it usually means my day is about to take a turn. Luckily I love my coworkers, so they’re forgiven.
- Name something that is worth spending more on to have the best?
- Food and skincare, because we only have one body and need to treat it well.
- What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but haven’t gotten around to yet?
- Calligraphy. I’ve tried it for 30 minutes, but I know I need way more time in order to really learn it.
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
- My family, cheesy I know. I grew up feeling loved, and that’s special. Plus they’re awesome people who taught me SO much about life.
- What website do you visit most often?
- PureWow, because I love their recipes, quizzes, roundups, & celebrity posts.
Why I’m passionate about blogging:
If you’ve been around for a while, then you know I share something new on my blog every week for 7+ years. And you don’t do that without absolutely enjoying the process. Blogging isn’t easy and is a lot of work, but it’s been the best creative outlet for me.
I love sharing new recipes and finds, and also taking my readers on a journey. My goal is to encourage everyone to get in the kitchen and realize how easy it can be. Plus it’s very empowering to create your own food and know exactly what goes in it. So sharing my love for cooking and food is what keeps me blogging away. I even wrote a whole post about why I started my blog, so check that out here.
10 Random Facts About Myself:
- My obsession with great white sharks came from watching Jaws as a kid, and Shark Week is a holiday in my book.
- The Olympics are the BEST and I pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe them every 2 years.
- Movies are my favorite things, and I have quite the extensive DVD collection.
- Discovering new music makes me happy, so I love recommendations. Anderson East & Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit are my 2 favorite discoveries of late.
- I grew up on a hog farm, which is as glamorous as it sounds. Although I appreciate it WAY more now than I did growing up.
- I moved to London in my 20’s and went to grad school there, because I adore the city.
- Being near the water makes me happy, and when I visited Hawaii in 2014, I almost didn’t come back.
- I got my love of cooking from my mom who is a magician in the kitchen.
- My nickname at home is “Tall Girl”, because my long arms can reach things my mom and sister can’t get to.
- Smoothie bowls became an obsession for me in 2017, and I’m counting down the days until it warms up in KC for our reunion.
My 5 Fabulous Nominees!
Questions for My Nominees:
- What book or movie made a giant impact on your life?
- Name your favorite thing to cook/bake.
- What’s one weird skill or trick you can do?
- If you find yourself stranded on a deserted island, what are 5 things you want with you?
- What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?
- Name your favorite cookbook, and why you love it.
- What is one country or city that is on your bucket list?
- If you had to choose, would you rather sky dive or bungee jump?
- What is one beauty product you couldn’t live without?
- What ingredient do you use every day without fail?
Liebster Award Official Rules:
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award:
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2018 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2018 Liebster Award.
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!
- Post a comment on the Liebster Award page, so they can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
- If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
If you have go-to blogs that you love, then comment below and let me know! I’m always game for discovering new sites with great content. And maybe they’ll also nominated for a Liebster Award, because we should all share the love!
Stay inspired & support others whenever you can!