(Ravioli Bake recipe can be found on the site Budget Savvy Diva here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
This Ravioli Bake is delicious and you won’t believe how easy it is! Here’s what you’ll need: Frozen Ravioli (1 to 1 1/2 pounds and whatever variety you’d like – I went with cheese this time), 24 oz can of Pasta sauce of choice, 14.5 oz can of Diced Tomatoes, 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese, and 2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped Parsley.
Before you do anything, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then lightly spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
Then pour 1/2 cup of water directly into the pan.
Pour the can of pasta sauce in the casserole dish.
Then add the entire can of diced tomatoes (don’t drain it) to the dish.
Then carefully stir the water, sauce, and tomatoes together.
Add about half of the ravioli to the sauce. Yes it will be frozen, and you’ll want to spread it evenly around the dish.
Then sprinkle one cup of the shredded mozzarella over the ravioli.
Add the remaining ravioli to the dish and spread it in a single layer just like you see here.
Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese and a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese over the top.
You can see how the dish is layered here. Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees until the cheese is browning on top. I placed mine on a lined baking sheet to prevent any bubbling over, which didn’t happen.
Here it is in all its lovely, baked glory. You can let it stand for 10 minutes or so if you’d like or eat it right away. Top it with the chopped parsley and enjoy! Happy ravioli-ing!
- 24 Ounces can of Pasta Sauce (Choose your favorite)
- 14.5 oz can of Diced Tomatoes (Do not drain)
- ½ Cup of Water
- 1 - 1½ pounds of Frozen Raviolis (You can choose whatever variety you’d like)
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add the pasta sauce, water, and entire can of diced tomatoes to the casserole dish and mix carefully so it’s well combined.
- Start layering half of the frozen ravioli in one layer. Then add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top. Then layer the remaining frozen ravioli over the cheese and top with the other cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 45 minutes.
- Top the finished casserole with chopped parsley and serve immediately and enjoy!