(This Huevos Rancheros Style Breakfast Sandwich recipe can be found on the site I Wash You Dry here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Huevos Rancheros Style Breakfast Sandwich will be yours in a few short minutes. Here is all you’ll need: Salsa (whatever is your favorite is perfect), Refried Beans, English Muffins, 2 Eggs, 1 Avocado, and Salt & Pepper.
Start off with cooking your beans. I used canned refried beans, heat them on the stove with a little salsa (1-2 tablespoons) to add a little extra flavor. Once the beans are hot, remove them from the heat and set them aside until you’re ready for them.
Begin cooking your eggs. You can cook your eggs however you’d like. If you want a sunny side up egg for a runny yolk, here’s what I do. Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil.
You’ll gently pour a cracked egg into the skillet. Cook it on low heat until the whites are fully cooked. (Repeat for as many eggs as you have.) While the egg cooks, toast your English muffins.
As your muffins are toasting and your eggs are cooking, scoop your avocado out of the skin and add to a small bowl along with salt and pepper to taste.
Then use a fork to mash the avocado. (Mine wasn’t the prettiest avocado in the world, but it was tasty!) If your avocado will sit for a few more minutes before you put your Huevos Rancheros Style Breakfast Sandwich together, you can add a little lemon juice to the avocado and mix it in to keep the guacamole from turning brown.
When the muffins are toasted, spread half of the avocado mixture on the top of each English muffin. Then spread some refried beans on the bottom half of each English Muffin.
Once your egg is fully cooked, carefully transfer it to the English muffin half with the refried beans on it.
This is where we start getting messy – Spoon some salsa (however much you’d like) over the top of the egg.
Then take the top of the English muffin with the avocado spread on it and top your sandwich and your Huevos Rancheros Style Breakfast Sandwich is ready to be devoured. Let the yolk break and dig in. I guarantee that if you love Huevos Rancheros, you’ll love this breakfast! Happy sandwich-ing!
- 2 English Muffins, halved
- ⅓ cup Refried Beans
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- Begin by heating your refried beans your favorite way. My method is to heat a can of refried beans over medium heat and stir in 1-2 tablespoons of salsa. Once the beans are hot, set them to the side.
- Start cooking your egg. You can make your eggs however you’d like. If you want a runny yolk, cook them sunny side up by heating a nonstick pan over low heat, and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Carefully break an egg in a small dish and use the dish to pour the egg into a small spot in the pan. Then cook the eggs over low heat until the whites are completely cooked through.
- While the egg cooks, toast the English muffins. And mash up the avocado with a little salt and pepper.
- To put the breakfast sandwich together, spread half of the avocado on the top half of each English muffin. Then spread some refried beans on the bottom half of the English muffins. Carefully transfer the cooked egg to the muffin half that has the refried beans on it. Then spoon however much salsa you’d like over the egg. Top the egg with the top half of the muffin and dig in and enjoy!