(This Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup recipe can be found on the site Diethood here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
This Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup will be on your dinner table in no time. Here’s what you’ll need in order to enjoy this fabulous dish: Cayenne Pepper (optional), Salt & Pepper, a can of Diced Tomatoes, Red Pepper Flakes (optional), 4 cups of Beef Broth or Stock, a pound of lean Ground Beef, 2 cloves of Garlic, Olive Oil, 2 cups of Cooked Rice, 1 yellow Onion chopped, and 1 Green Pepper chopped.
Grab a large pot and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Heat it over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef to the pan…
…and begin breaking it up and start to brown the beef.
Let the beef continue to brown and stir occasionally.
Mince 2 cloves of garlic using whatever method you prefer. I opted for this tool, because I just love this handy, dandy garlic mincer.
Continue browning the beef until it’s fully cooked.
When the beef is cooked, add a can of diced tomatoes, 1 chopped onion, 1 diced green pepper, and the minced garlic. I also added in some red pepper flakes too…cuz I can.
Stir up the veggies and let them continue to cook for 5-8 minutes or until they are tender. Stir them regularly.
While the veggies are cooking, go ahead and add some salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper for more heat) at this point.
Once the onions are translucent and the peppers are starting to get tender, you’re good to go.
Add 4 cups of broth or stock and more salt and pepper if needed. (However, you can go with chicken broth if you’d prefer.) Stir the soup, and cover. Then reduce the heat to low and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Once the soup is heated through, add in 2 cups of cooked rice. (And I think this Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup would be just as great minus the rice if you’re looking for a low carb alternative…and that’s saying a lot because I LOVE rice!)
Finally, dinner hits the table! I topped my Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup with cheddar cheese (sharp, of course) and some hot sauce for more flavor. Feel free to top with your favorite stuffed pepper toppings too. Parmesan cheese would be another great option. Happy souping!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-pound Ground Beef
- 1 yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced (you can also use 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Beef or Chicken Broth
- salt and fresh Pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked long-grain White Rice
- Cayenne Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (for topping)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Begin by grabbing a large pot and heating it over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef. Break up the beef and brown it until the beef is fully cooked.
- Add the can of tomatoes, diced onion, diced green pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes, if desired, to the soup pot. Stir to combine. Cook the veggies for at least 5 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the soup and cover. Cook the soup for about 20 minutes over low heat. Once the soup is heated through, you're all set.
- Add in 2 cups of cooked rice and stir so it is mixed throughout. Serve with your favorite stuffed pepper toppings and enjoy!
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply