(Recipe can be found on the site Leelalicious here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
This healthy Peanut Butter Mug Cake will be satisfying your sweet tooth in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, Baking Powder, Natural Peanut Butter, Almond Milk, Mini Chocolate Chips (about a tablespoon or 1 1/2 tablespoons), Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract), 1 Egg, and Coconut Flour.
Begin by measuring out 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Pop the oil in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until it’s melted and clear.
In a small bowl measure 2 tablespoons of coconut flour and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
Then whisk the dry ingredients.
Then add in your wet ingredients including 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, the coconut oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of almond milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
Whisk the ingredients together until the batter is well combined.
If you’d like, which you should, add in a teaspoon or two of mini chocolate chips.
Then carefully pour the batter into a microwave safe mug. Top with a few more chips.
Heat the cake at high heat for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes in the microwave. Check on it 2 minutes in as it may be done. (Mine was done after 2 minutes.) Let the cake sit and cool in the mug for 2 to 5 minutes. Top with more chips, if desired. Then enjoy! Happy microwaving/baking!
2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 tablespoons natural Peanut Butter*
1 1/2 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil
1 1/2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon Almond Milk (or coconut milk)
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract)
Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Begin by grabbing a small bowl and whisking the coconut flour and baking powder together.
2. Then add the egg, peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla bean paste to the bowl and whisk until the batter is combined.
3. If you’re adding chocolate chips add about 1 teaspoon to the batter and mix in.
4. Pour the batter into a microwave safe mug and top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Heat at 100% power for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Start checking the cake at about 2 minutes to see if it’s done.
5. Once the cake is cooked, add a few more chocolate chips. Let it sit and cool for about 2-5 minutes. Devour while still warm and enjoy!0
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply