Kindness. It’s free, and it’s easy. And it’s something that this world we live in could use a whole lot more of.
If you can be anything, be kind.
As I was searching for what was inspiring me today, being kind just kept popping up everywhere. It really was a great reminder to wake up every day with the goal to be kind to someone today.
And here’s the thing … you can be kind in lots of ways. I challenge you (and myself for that matter) to making a list of ways you can be kind.
Now I’m talking being kind in many areas of your life. Be kind to your family, to your friends, to your coworkers, to strangers, and most importantly, to YOURSELF.
So here I go, making my list of 10 ways I can spread kindness in the world.
- Thank someone who is helping me. Whether it’s on the phone, in person, through email or social media. If someone is doing something big or small to make my life easier, I should show them my appreciation with a thank you. It’s amazing how far a genuine ‘thank you’ can go.
- Smile at someone who could use it. We all know when we see someone who is having a rough day. Just give them a smile and say hello. Now this one is fairly easy for me living in small town USA. I notice when I’m in a city and “accidentally” smile or say hi to someone they look at me like I have 2 heads, but who gives a sh!t? Do it anyway!
- Treat a friend to a coffee or lunch.
- Make a nice meal or sweet treat for my family to show them how much I appreciate them and what they mean to me.
- Go for a walk. (This one’s for me.) I always feel better when I get out and breathe fresh air. I’m cooped up inside way too much.
- Do a jewelry giveaway for my customers at the end of the month to show that I appreciate them supporting my business.
- Book a flight. For me again! I love to travel (as I’m sure you can tell) and it feeds my soul. Time to go somewhere fun, and I have the perfect place in mind!
- Hug my family and tell them I love them. Hugs are the best!
- Clean up and purge a bit. It’s amazing what a difference a clean space and less clutter can do for my spirits and my focus … and the people who have to trip over my stuff! Win, win!
- Compliment someone every day. Big or small, it’s huge what a compliment can do for everyone.
I may be living in a tiny corner of the world, but I can still do my part to brighten someone’s day.
And here’s the thing, opportunities for kindness are all around us each and every day. It’s our job to find them. And it will not only make someone’s day, but it also improves your attitude as well.
And please don’t forget to be kind to yourself. We can be so hard on ourselves on a daily basis. It’s time to realize that we’re pretty awesome and deserve for good things to happen to us and for us.
Stay inspired & be kind!
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply