(Recipe can be found on the Pioneer Woman site here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
All that is needed for this decadent treat are the following: Cinnamon, Light Brown Sugar, 3 cans of non-flaky Buttermilk Biscuits, 2 sticks of Butter, and Granulated Sugar.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. One part of making this recipe that I particularly enjoyed was getting to cut the biscuits. I’m always looking for times to use my kitchen shears for fun purposes, and so I took to each biscuit with them. I began by opening all 3 cans of biscuits and pulling out the contents. Then I cut each biscuit into quarters as you can see above. Until all of the biscuits are quartered.
In a gallon-sized plastic bag I combined 1 cup of sugar and about 3 teaspoons of cinnamon.
I added the biscuits to the bag and sealed it. Then I tossed the contents around until the biscuits were evenly coated.
Once the biscuit quarters were coated in cinnamon sugar, I filled my bundt pan with them.
Then it was time to make the brown sugar butter. I melted 2 sticks of butter and added 1/2 cup of brown sugar. The two ingredients are then stirred together until they become one mixture and the sugar is dissolved.
Once the butter/brown sugar mixture is finished, I poured it over the top of the biscuits. The smell at this point was already fabulous. I placed the bundt pan on a lined baking sheet with edges and baked it for 30-40 minutes. Bake the monkey bread until its crust is a deep, dark brown color.
Once the bread is finished baking, remove it from the oven and let it sit for at least 10-15 minutes in the pan. You can see that my monkey bread really grew, and I was very glad I placed it on a lined sheet with all of the syrup that dripped out of it while baking.
When the time came, I turned out the monkey bread onto a place and that was when I discovered the glaze that was created began to flow down the sides…so pretty! I immediately dug in as I couldn’t resist any longer. It was seriously amazing and was worth every extra sit up that followed! Make this ASAP and your loved ones will thank you…Enjoy!!
- 3 cans Buttermilk Biscuits (the Non-flaky Ones)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons (to 3 Teaspoons) Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Butter
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open up all three cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Next, combine the white sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. (3 teaspoons of cinnamon gives it a fairly strong cinnamon flavor. If you’re not so hot on cinnamon, cut it back to 2 teaspoons.) Dump these into a 1 gallon zip bag and shake to mix evenly.
- Drop all of the biscuit quarters into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Once all the biscuit quarters are in the bag seal it and give it a vigorous shake. This will get all those pieces unstuck from one another and nicely coated with cinnamon-sugar. Spread these nuggets out evenly in the bundt pan.
- At this point, you’re going to want to melt the two sticks of butter together with ½ cup of brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. This can be light or dark brown sugar. Cook butter/sugar mixture, stirring for a few minutes until the two become one. Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, you can pour it over the biscuits.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a deep dark brown on top. When its finished cooking, remove it from the oven. If you have the willpower, allow it to cook for about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate.