(This Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe can be found on the site Family Fresh Meals here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
This Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip couldn’t be easier with the following ingredients: Chips (or crackers or veggies for dipping…your choice!), Blue Cheese Dressing (I opted for a light, chunky dressing…yum!), Frank’s Hot Sauce (a MUST), Cream Cheese (I always go for the lighter variety but avoid the fat free kind if possible), Shredded Cheese like Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese mix, and Canned Chicken (or if you have some pre-cooked chicken breast on hand, then feel free to use that).
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then in a small saucepan heat cream cheese and dressing over a medium-low heat stirring regularly. You can use the measurements below for a 9×13 pan of dip, but I halved it, so here I have 4 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing.
While the cream cheese melts, add 15 ounces of chicken and 1/8 cup of hot sauce (if you’re halving the recipe like me) to a mixing bowl.
Then using a fork combine the chicken and hot sauce so that you break up the chicken chunks a bit.
Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Then add the layer of chicken to the bottom of the dish in a single layer.
By now the cream cheese has melted, so it easily combines with the dressing.
Then spread the cream cheese & dressing mixture over the top of the chicken so it’s a single layer.
Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese mixture over the top of the dip, and place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Here is the Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip after about 30 minutes of cooking, so the goal is for the cheese to be bubbly and start to brown a little. Let it cool for 5 minutes or so and then dig in. This was so delicious!! Happy dipping my friends!
- 3 (10 oz) canned shredded chicken
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 8 oz of cream cheese (at room temp.)
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then in a small sauce pan, heat the cream cheese and blue cheese on low or medium-low heat stirring regularly. You'll want the cream cheese to melt and be combined with the dressing.
- While the cheese cooks, grab a mixing bowl and combine the shredded chicken and hot sauce.
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick spray. Use a 9x13 pan for the ingredient amounts above or a smaller dish if you're halving it like I did. Then add the chicken mixture to the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Add the cream cheese and dressing mixture over the chicken layer. Then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese mix over the top of the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- You can serve with your favorite chips, crackers, a sliced baguette, or go healthy with some carrots or celery!
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply