(This Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe can be found on the site Family Fresh Meals here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
This Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip couldn’t be easier with the following ingredients: Chips (or crackers or veggies for dipping…your choice!), Blue Cheese Dressing (I opted for a light, chunky dressing…yum!), Frank’s Hot Sauce (a MUST), Cream Cheese (I always go for the lighter variety but avoid the fat free kind if possible), Shredded Cheese like Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese mix, and Canned Chicken (or if you have some pre-cooked chicken breast on hand, then feel free to use that).
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then in a small saucepan heat cream cheese and dressing over a medium-low heat stirring regularly. You can use the measurements below for a 9×13 pan of dip, but I halved it, so here I have 4 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing.
While the cream cheese melts, add 15 ounces of chicken and 1/8 cup of hot sauce (if you’re halving the recipe like me) to a mixing bowl.
Then using a fork combine the chicken and hot sauce so that you break up the chicken chunks a bit.
Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Then add the layer of chicken to the bottom of the dish in a single layer.
By now the cream cheese has melted, so it easily combines with the dressing.
Then spread the cream cheese & dressing mixture over the top of the chicken so it’s a single layer.
Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese mixture over the top of the dip, and place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Here is the Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip after about 30 minutes of cooking, so the goal is for the cheese to be bubbly and start to brown a little. Let it cool for 5 minutes or so and then dig in. This was so delicious!! Happy dipping my friends!
- 3 (10 oz) canned shredded chicken
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 8 oz of cream cheese (at room temp.)
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then in a small sauce pan, heat the cream cheese and blue cheese on low or medium-low heat stirring regularly. You'll want the cream cheese to melt and be combined with the dressing.
- While the cheese cooks, grab a mixing bowl and combine the shredded chicken and hot sauce.
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick spray. Use a 9x13 pan for the ingredient amounts above or a smaller dish if you're halving it like I did. Then add the chicken mixture to the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Add the cream cheese and dressing mixture over the chicken layer. Then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese mix over the top of the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- You can serve with your favorite chips, crackers, a sliced baguette, or go healthy with some carrots or celery!