Winter Oatmeal Recipe – Step by Step Instructions:
This healthy Winter Oatmeal Recipe is simple, and it makes eating healthy at breakfast a total breeze. Here’s what you’ll need: Cane Sugar (I like it because it’s not as processed but you can also use brown sugar), Almond Milk (or Milk of choice), Old-Fashioned Oats, Cinnamon, Salt, Vanilla Bean Paste (or vanilla extract), and Walnuts and Pomegranate Seeds for topping. Not pictured is all-spice, because it’s optional and is a great way to add some extra warmth.
Grab a small, microwave-safe bowl and then add a cup of oats to the bowl.
Next you’ll add 3/4 cup of milk to the oats, and I chose almond milk to be dairy free but you can choose your preferred milk.
Then add a about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla bean paste plus 1 teaspoon of cane sugar and a pinch of salt.
Then stir the oats to combine all the ingredients. Your Winter Oatmeal Recipe is nearly ready, so you’ll microwave the oats for 2-3 minutes or until the milk has absorbed and oats start to bubble.
Serve right away and top with a little milk for extra creaminess, sprinkle of cinnamon, 1-2 tablespoons of walnuts or almonds (my two favorite nuts), 1-2 tablespoons of pomegranate arils (if pomegranates aren’t in season then dried cranberries are great), and a sprinkle of cane sugar or drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness. Enjoy this Winter Oatmeal Recipe right away! Happy healthy eating!
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- ¾ cup Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Cane Sugar (or Brown Sugar if you’d prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon All Spice (optional)
- Topping Options: Pomegranate Arils, Walnuts or Almonds, Maple Syrup, etc.
- Add the oats, milk, cane sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to a small microwave-safe bowl, and then stir to combine.
- Heat the oat mixture in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, so that the milk is absorbed and the oatmeal starts to bubble.
- Finally Serve right away and top with your favorite toppings.