(This Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip recipe can be found on the site Host the Toast here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Get ready to be enjoying this Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip in no time. It’s the perfect game day food! Here’s what you’ll need: Salt, shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Bacon, Tortilla Chips (for serving), 1 Jalapeño (seeds & ribs removed & diced), 8 ounces softened Cream Cheese (I like the 1/3 less fat kind), Cayenne Pepper, 2 11-ounce cans of Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, and Parmesan Cheese.
Before you do anything, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then heat the cast-iron skillet over low to medium heat for a couple of minutes.
Then cook your bacon until crispy. You can use your preferred method here. I still love cooking my bacon in my NuWave oven, so I’ll probably do that next time.
While the bacon cooks, drain and rinse the corn.
When the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan, and let it drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Then discard all but 1 teaspoon of the bacon drippings when you’re done, and leave it in the cast iron skillet. (Alternatively, you can bake the dip in a nonstick, oven-proof skillet if you don’t have a cast iron one.)
In a large bowl add the softened cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/8 cup of chopped basil, the diced jalapeño, drained corn, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and a healthy dash of cayenne pepper. Then gently stir to incorporate all of the ingredients.
Crumble 4 of the strips of bacon and add them to the bowl. Then crumble the remaining 4 strips and reserve that bacon.
Then stir the bacon into the Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip until it’s well combined.
Spoon the dip into the cast iron skillet, and then smooth it into an even layer.
Then bake for 20 minutes in your preheated oven.
Here it is all bubbly and golden after baking. Yum!
Finally top the Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip with the remaining bacon and basil. Sprinkle as much Parmesan cheese over the top as you’d like, and then enjoy right away with your favorite tortilla chips or veggies. Happy dipping!!
- 8 strips Bacon
- 2 (11 oz) cans Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed, and diced
- 8 oz reduced fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup fresh Basil, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Start off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then cook your bacon until it’s crispy. Once cooked, let it sit on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb the extra grease. Reserve 1 teaspoon of the bacon drippings in your cast iron skillet (or nonstick, oven proof skillet).
- While the bacon cooks and cools, remove the seeds and dice your jalapeño. Then combine the corn, softened cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, cayenne pepper, jalapeño, and ½ of the chopped basil.
- When the bacon has cooled, crumble 4 strips of it and add it to the cheese mixture. Stir to ensure the bacon is combined throughout the dip. Then crumble the remaining 4 strips of bacon and set it aside.
- Transfer the dip to your cast iron skillet and smooth it into an even layer. Then bake for 20 minutes until the dip is bubbly.
- Once baked, remove the dip from the oven and sprinkle the remaining bacon and basil over the top and add grated Parmesan cheese to taste as well. Serve right away with your favorite tortillas or veggies and enjoy!