(Recipe was inspired by the recipe found at Eating Bird Food here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Here’s what you’ll need to make Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte in your own kitchen: Ground Cinnamon, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Canned Pumpkin puree, Vanilla (Vanilla Bean Paste is awesome), and a cup of brewed Coffee (just imagine coffee in that cup). Not pictured is your favorite sweetener for your coffee.
Start off by brewing a cup of coffee. While that is going, heat a small sauce pan over medium heat and add 1/2 cup of almond milk and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin.
Whisk the pumpking and milk together and heat for less than a minute so it’s warmed through.
Let’s chat sweeteners. Go ahead and sweeten your coffee as you usually do. I really like Stevia in the Raw packets. This is liquid stevia, which we’re about to use in the pumpkin mixture.
Remove the milk from the heat and add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and 2-5 drops of liquid stevia or your preferred sweetener.
Whisk it really well.
Add some of the pumpkin mixture to your brewed coffee (just eyeball it) and if you haven’t added sweetener to your coffee yet, do it now.
Then stir it well.
With the remaining pumpkin spice milk mixture, whisk it vigorously to get a foam on the top.
Then skim the foam off of the liquid and spoon it on top of the coffee so it sits on top. Top with cinnamon and enjoy.
If you can’t get a good foam with the milk and you have a frother (as pictured here) then put some almond milk in a cup and froth it.
Here’s what my milk looked like when i tried that method.
This worked great and made for an excellent topper to the latte. Top it with cinnamon and enjoy!
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Start off by brewing a cup of coffee. I went with a medium roast blend. Be sure to add your preferred sweetener to your coffee if you like it sweetened.
- Grab a small sauce pan and whisk together the almond milk and pumpkin puree. Heat it over medium heat for less than a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and liquid stevia or sweetener of choice.
- Whisk the mixture together and once it's well combined pour some into the coffee to flavor it and stir the coffee. Then whisk the remaining pumpkin milk mixture vigorously until it forms a foam on the top.
- Carefully spoon the foam into the coffee so it creates a foam layer on the coffee cup. Then sprinkle with a little cinnamon and enjoy!