(This Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe can be found on Cooking Light’s site here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip will be delighting your family and friends in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: 2 cups of part-skim Mozzarella Cheese, 2 8-ounce packages of 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1 14-ounce can of quartered Artichoke Hearts (in water), 1/2 cup of Light Sour Cream, 1 10-ounce carton of frozen spinach (that has been thawed, drained, and squeezed dry), 3 cloves of Garlic, and Black Pepper.
First thing’s first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I removed the skin from the garlic and trimmed them up and removed the stem end.
Using your mincer of choice (seriously I love this one), mince your garlic. I cut the cloves in half, popped them in this gadget, and use the lid to mince them up.
Here is the finished product!
Empty the can of artichokes into a drainer.
Then measure out 1 1/2 cups of mozarella cheese into a large bowl. Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese …. you’ll need it soon.
Then just add the 1/2 cup of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, the spinach, 16 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and the drained artichoke hearts to the large bowl.
And stir, stir, stir until the dip is well combined. Alternatively, you can use your stand mixer if you’d prefer.
Grab a dish that is 1 1/2 quarts (or this one is a 2 qt. dish) that is oven safe. Spray it well with cooking spray.
Then spoon the dip into the dish. Yum!
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the top of the dip to create a nice crust. Bake the dip for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the top is lightly golden on top.
Take it out of the oven and let it cool a few minutes (10 or so) and then enjoy. Seriously this Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip is magical, creamy, tangy, and basically just delicious. I love it with your favorite tortillas, crackers, or veggies. Happy dipping!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your ingredients. This includes thawing out your frozen spinach, draining and squeezing out the liquid. Draining your artichoke hearts. And mincing your garlic.
- Once your food is prepped, combine the 1½ cups of the mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, 3 minced garlic cloves, the drained artichoke hearts, 16 ounces of cream cheese, and the 10-ounce package of chopped spinach that is now dry.
- Either combine in a mixer or stir by hand in a large bowl. (I opted for the latter.)
- Transfer the dip to a 1½ quart oven-safe dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Bake the dip for 30 minutes or until it's bubbly and golden brown on top. And enjoy!!
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply