(Recipe can be found on the High Heels and Grills site here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
It doesn’t get more simple than this appetizer. Grab the following and throw these guys together ASAP: Cream Cheese, one tube of Crescent Rolls, and 1/4 cup of minced Jalapenos (I went with 1/2 can of small diced jalapenos–way easier).
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then in a small bowl add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped jalapenos. Again I used the canned variety and drained them.
I used a spatula to combine the mixture together.
Now open up a tube of crescent rolls and unroll the dough. You want to separate the dough in half lengthwise so you have two long pieces of dough. I used a rolling pin and my hands to close up the seams as much as I could.
I used my spatula and spread a layer of the jalapeno cream cheese mixture over the dough. I still had quite a bit of the mixture left.
Then roll the dough from one short end to the other. You’re basically rolling it like you would a cinnamon roll.
Using a sharp knife, I sliced up each roll and placed them on a cookie sheet I lined with a Silpat (you could use parchment paper too). I didn’t count how many I had but the directions said to try to get about 12-16 pieces per roll. I’m not sure that I got that many out of each roll. Bake them for about 11-13 minutes until they are a nice golden brown.
About 13 minutes later, these poppers were golden and ready to be devoured. I served them up and once they were no longer piping hot, they quickly began disappearing. Everyone was a huge fan. Happy baking!
1 (8oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup minced jalapenos (or 1/2 can, drained, if that’s easier for ya)
1 tube of regular crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and jalapenos – mix well and set aside.
3. Open your crescent rolls (do not separate them) and lay them on the counter. (After you’ve sanitized it of course.)
4. Separate long ways on the perforation, so you have two long sheets of crescent rolls with 4 rolls each in them.
5. Pinch the remaining perforations together on each of the two sheets (use a rolling pin if necessary) to make two continuous crescent roll sheets.
6. Divide the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly over both crescent sheets.
7. Roll them up hot dog style (or from the short end), to make a long cream cheese/crescent roll – do this for both crescents
8. Cut each cream cheese/crescent roll into 12-16 pieces, depending on how big you want your resulting poppers to be.
9. Place each one, standing up, on your cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes.
10. Enjoy the creamy goodness.0