(Recipe can be found on the site Teach. Eat. Love. here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Homemade Pizza Dough comes together in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: Sugar, Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Active Dry Yeast, and Salt.
Note that I halved the recipe to only get enough dough for one pizza. Measure out the yeast.
Heat water until it’s warm. My yeast called for warm water between 110-115 degrees. The temperature is important so that you properly activate the yeast.
Add the yeast and a little of the sugar to the warm water and stir. Let the mixture proof (aka sit) for about 5 minutes.
While the yeast proofs, measure out your flour.
Once the yeast has proofed, add the olive oil, salt, and sugar to the mixture and gently mix.
Grab a medium-sized bowl and pour the yeast mixture in it.
Add the flour to the bowl.
Use a wooden spoon (or a spurtle works well) and stir until the flour is combined. You don’t have to be very gentle in mixing.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it in a warm place in the kitchen for at least 2 hours so the dough can rise.
Here’s the dough after it has risen. It’s now ready to be rolled and used in your next pizza making adventure. Enjoy!!
- 1⅓ c. warm Water (typically between 110-115 degrees)
- ¾ T Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ T Salt
- ½ T Sugar
- ⅛ c. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3¼ c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- Heat your water until it is between 110-115 degrees (or whatever temperature your yeast packaging recommends).
- Sprinkle the yeast and a little bit of the sugar over the warm water and let it proof for about 5 minutes. (This is when using active dry yeast, not instant.)
- After 5 minutes carefully stir in the sugar, salt, and olive oil. Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the flour to the bowl and stir until flour is mixed in. (You don't have to be super careful in mixing it and can stir however quickly you'd like.)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm spot in your kitchen for 2-4 hours.
- Once you're ready for the dough, roll it out on a floured surface. Put the dough on either a pizza peel or a baking sheet and top it with your favorite ingredients (sauce, meats, veggies, cheese...whatever you love!).
- Bake the pizza at 475 for 5-8 minutes or until the toppings are heated, cheese is bubbly, and crust begins to turn a golden brown. Cut and enjoy!
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply