(Recipe can be found on the site Teach. Eat. Love. here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Homemade Pizza Dough comes together in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: Sugar, Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Active Dry Yeast, and Salt.
Note that I halved the recipe to only get enough dough for one pizza. Measure out the yeast.
Heat water until it’s warm. My yeast called for warm water between 110-115 degrees. The temperature is important so that you properly activate the yeast.
Add the yeast and a little of the sugar to the warm water and stir. Let the mixture proof (aka sit) for about 5 minutes.
While the yeast proofs, measure out your flour.
Once the yeast has proofed, add the olive oil, salt, and sugar to the mixture and gently mix.
Grab a medium-sized bowl and pour the yeast mixture in it.
Add the flour to the bowl.
Use a wooden spoon (or a spurtle works well) and stir until the flour is combined. You don’t have to be very gentle in mixing.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it in a warm place in the kitchen for at least 2 hours so the dough can rise.
Here’s the dough after it has risen. It’s now ready to be rolled and used in your next pizza making adventure. Enjoy!!
- 1⅓ c. warm Water (typically between 110-115 degrees)
- ¾ T Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ T Salt
- ½ T Sugar
- ⅛ c. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3¼ c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- Heat your water until it is between 110-115 degrees (or whatever temperature your yeast packaging recommends).
- Sprinkle the yeast and a little bit of the sugar over the warm water and let it proof for about 5 minutes. (This is when using active dry yeast, not instant.)
- After 5 minutes carefully stir in the sugar, salt, and olive oil. Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the flour to the bowl and stir until flour is mixed in. (You don't have to be super careful in mixing it and can stir however quickly you'd like.)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm spot in your kitchen for 2-4 hours.
- Once you're ready for the dough, roll it out on a floured surface. Put the dough on either a pizza peel or a baking sheet and top it with your favorite ingredients (sauce, meats, veggies, cheese...whatever you love!).
- Bake the pizza at 475 for 5-8 minutes or until the toppings are heated, cheese is bubbly, and crust begins to turn a golden brown. Cut and enjoy!