(Recipe can be found on the site Play. Party. Pin. here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
This Cranberry Orange Bread will be in your oven in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: Baking Soda, 4 cups of Cranberries, 2 cups of Sugar plus 1/4 cup, Vegetable oil, 4 cups of All-Purpose Flour, Salt, 1 cup of Orange Juice (I used about 4-6 oranges to get enough juice), 2 tablespoons of Orange Zest (from about 3 oranges), and 2 Eggs.
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then wash and drain 4 cups of cranberries and slice any large berries in half. Then add 1/4 cup of sugar…
Grab a medium-sized bowl and add 4 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and whisk together.
In a mixer bowl, add 2 cups of sugar, 2/3 cup of vegetable oil, and 2 tablespoons of orange zest.
Mix for a few minutes until the sugar and oil are well combined.
Add one egg at a time until they are both completely incorporated.
Add a cup of water to the cup of orange juice.
Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture and combine it.
Then add in some of the water/juice mixture and combine. Just keep alternating until the batter is well incorporated.
Here’s the batter all combined.
Add 2 cups of pecans and the cranberry/sugar mixture to the batter and fold it into the batter.
Spray your mini muffin tins very liberally. This made about 7 mini loaves for me. Or you can use larger loaf pans and just bake longer.
Distribute the batter across the loaf pans. Then bake for 20-30 minutes (or closer to 50-60 IF you’re using large loaf pans). You’ll know they are ready to take out of the oven when a toothpick is inserted in the center and it comes out clean.
Here is the bread right out of the oven. I let it cool in the loaf pans for a bit until it’s easier to remove from the pan.
Once you can handle the tin, ease the bread from the edges with a knife and let it ease out of the tin and let it cool on a wire rack until it’s completely cool. Then serve and enjoy! Or better yet, gift these adorable little Cranberry Orange Bread loaves or freeze them to enjoy later. Happy baking!
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Sugar + ¼ cup to put on top of the cranberries
- 4 cups fresh or frozen Cranberries cut in half
- 2 Tbs Orange Zest
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Water
- ⅔ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and rinse the cranberries. Then slice any large cranberries in half and you can keep the small cranberries whole. In a medium-sized bowl combine the cranberries with ¼ cup of sugar and set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the 4 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, and 1½ teaspoons of salt and set aside until you're ready for it.
- In a mixing bowl (I used my stand mixer) add 2 cups of sugar, ⅔ cup of vegetable oil, and 2 tablespoons of orange rind. And turn the mixer on and combine well.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the sugar mixture and once combined alternate adding the dry ingredients with the water and orange juice. Once that is well incorporated, fold in the pecans and cranberries.
- Pour the bread batter into well greased mini bread pans and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let them cool enough in the tin on a wire rack to handle and then carefully remove them from the tin and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!