(Recipe can be found on the site Favorite Family Recipes here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Cranberry Chicken will easily be on your table in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: 1 packet of Onion Soup Mix, a bottle of Catalina Dressing, a can of whole berry Cranberry Sauce, 3-4 Chicken Breasts, and chopped Pecans (I used about a cup).
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then trime any fat off of the chicken breasts and place them in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Use a spatula to spread the cranberry sauce liberally over all of the chicken.
Then sprinkle chopped pecans over the top. It’s totally up to you how much you put on. I didn’t use more than a cup of pecans.
Sprinkle the packet of dry onion soup mix over the top of the chicken.
Finally open the bottle of Catalina dressing and pour it over the top of the chicken so that it’s full covered. I didn’t end up using the entire bottle, but used the majority of it.
Lightly cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
After 45 minutes, uncover the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Grab a meat thermometer and make sure the thickest part of the chicken is at 165 degrees. Mine was and so I took it out of the oven. Serve while still hot, and drizzle extra sauce from the pan over the chicken when serving. Enjoy this Cranberry Chicken! Happy baking!!
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts, trimmed
- 1 can whole berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 pkg. chopped Pecans
- 1 bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 pkg. dry Onion Soup Mix
- Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish (I used a 9x13 glass dish) with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts in the pan.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the chicken spreading it liberally so that the chicken is covered.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top. I used about a cup of pecans.
- Next sprinkle the dry onion soup over the top of the chicken.
- Finally pour the Catalina salad dressing over the chicken. I didn't use a whole bottle, but used quite a bit to make sure the chicken was covered. Lightly cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Check the chicken to make sure it's at least 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken. Then serve! I loved spooning some sauce over the top of the sliced chicken for extra flavor. Enjoy!!
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply