(Recipe can be found on the site Mele Cotte here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Baked Salsa in Avocado is yours in no time with the following ingredients: Salt & Pepper, 1 Lemon, Salsa (either your favorite brand or homemade), 1 Avocado, Bread Crumbs, Basil (I didn’t have fresh basil, so I used dried basil), Grated Parmesan Cheese, and minced Garlic.
Begin by preheating your oven to 450 degrees. Then in a small dish put together the breading. You’ll need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of fresh basil chopped or I used 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and salt & pepper to taste.
Then using a fork, I combined the breading mixture.
Cut your avocado in half.
Then scoop some extra avocado out to make room for the salsa. You won’t need to scoop a ton.
Then spoon the salsa into the hole. With jarred salsa, it’s a bit watery, so I used a paper towel to absorb the excess liquid.
Then I lined a rimmed baking sheeet and leaned the avocado agains the edge. Top the salsa with the breading mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Then serve right away. This was such a creamy yet spicy treat! I can’t wait to try it again. Happy Salsa-ing!
1 ripe Avocado
¼ cup bread crumbs*
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. basil, chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
¼ cup of Salsa (you can make your own fresh or use your favorite)
1. Start off by preheating your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Grab a small bowl to make the breading. Add in the bread crumbs, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, basil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Then mix it until it’s well combined.
3. Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. You can scoop out some extra avocado to make room for more salsa, and then spoon the salsa into the center of the avocados.
4. Sprinkle the breading mixture over the top of each avocado half.
5. Bake the avocados for 5 minutes in the pre=heated oven and enjoy! Be sure to serve right away.0
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply