(Recipe can be found on the site Damn Delicious here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Baked Broccoli Parmesan Dip will be yours in no time…here’s what you’ll need: Onion Powder, Creole Seasoning (the original recipe calls for Emeril’s version, which I didn’t have and it was still delightful), Garlic Powder, Parmesan Cheese (I used freshly grated Parmesan cheese that we stored in an old cheese container…it has way more flavor than the store-bought variety IMHO), Panko bread crumbs, Milk, Sour Cream (We like the light variety), Broccoli Florets only (you’ll want to cut the florets into small pieces, so they are easier to eat in the dip and I found 1 head of broccoli was about 2.5 cups so I used the whole thing), Salt and Pepper, Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Sharp was my cheese of choice), and 8 ounces of room temperature Cream Cheese.
In a medium (or large) bowl add the room temperature cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan (freshly grated gives you the best flavor), 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder, plus salt and pepper to taste. Just a note here, if you use crackers or chips that are salty, you might skip salt here since the cheese and Creole seasoning already have salt.
Use a spatula to combine the cheeses and seasonings.
Add in the broccoli florets.
Stir it all together…yum!
Grab a small baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. Transfer the dip to the baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese over the top.
Top the dip with 1/4 cup of Panko. To make it a bit lighter (rather than toasting in olive oil as the original recipe suggests) I sprayed mine with cooking spray so they’d still brown in the oven a bit. Then bake for 20-25 minutes.
Here it is in all it’s baked glory! You’ll see it gets nice and bubbly and the Panko bread crumbs brown a little. Let it cool slightly for about 5-10 minutes and then dig in! Happy scooping!!
1/4 cup Panko*
8 ounces Cream Cheese, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 head of broccoli)
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Start off by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the broccoli up into small-sized florets and wash well and drain.
3. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, milk, Creole Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in the broccoli florets. Then spray a baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the dip mixture. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and then sprinkle the Panko over the top and spray a little cooking spray lightly over the Panko.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Once the dip is bubbly and the Panko starts to brown a little, remove from the oven. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then serve with your favorite chips, crackers, carrots or celery. Enjoy!0