(Recipe can be found on the site Oh She Glows here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
To make this flavorful and easy dish, the following is needed: Fresh basil (about 1/4 cup), Freshly Ground Pepper, Kosher Salt, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, 6 ounces of pasta (I went for linguine), 1 medium-sized avocado, 1 lemon (plus the zest), and 1-3 garlic cloves (I wanted to limit the garlic-y taste so I just used one large clove).
Before you do anything, go ahead and boil a large pot of water. Then cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. While the pasta cooks, I zested my lemon, which would be used for a garnish later.
Next add the garlic, the juice from 1/2 a lemon, and 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to your food processor and blend them.
Then I halved the avocado and removed the pit. I also washed the basil leaves so they would be ready. I set a few basil leaves aside for garnish.
Scoop the avocado halves into the food processor, and add the fresh basil leaves (about 1/4 cup) and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Then blend the avocado sauce until it’s smooth.
I added the sauce to the cooked pasta that I had drained…
…and combined it.
Serve up the pasta immediately and top with freshly ground pepper and the lemon zest and some basil leaves to add color. I hope hits the spot for you, because I found it to be delightful! Seriously though, did you see how fast this came together and how easy it was? Perfect for a busy weeknight. Happy eating!
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- ½ Lemon, juiced + Lemon Zest to garnish
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of Pasta
- Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Begin by bringing several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. To the boiling water, add the pasta and reduce the heat to medium, and cook until al dente, according to your package's instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process the mixture until smooth. Add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Continue to process the sauce until smooth and creamy.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse it in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour sauce over the pasta and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.