(Recipe can be found on the site Noshing with the Nolands here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
It doesn’t take much to make this Egg Baked in Avocado dish. Here’s what you’ll need: Salt & Pepper to Taste, an Avocado, a Lime, 2 Eggs (1 per half), 1 Scallion, and a Red Jalapeno Pepper.
Start off by preheating the oven to 450 degrees. Then start chopping the scallion. You only need the green part.
Then cut a couple of slices of red jalapeno. Maybe 2-4 per avocado half.
Slice a lime in half and juice it.
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Then scoop out some of the avocado as you’ll see on the left. You could scoop even more. The idea is to scoop enough that the cracked egg fits in the hole.
Then poor the lime juice over both avocado halves and drain the the excess juice.
Lean the avocado half against the rim of the baking sheet and crack the egg in the hole. You can see some white ran out, so you can scoop out even more than I did.
Top with some salt and pepper and then bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked.
Then top the cooked egg with some scallions and red jalapeno slices and eat away. You can serve with toast to soak up the yolks. I opted for a healthier option with roasted Brussels sprouts. It’s up to you! Happy egg baking!!
2 tsp. Lime juice
Green onion, green parts only, diced
1 Red Jalapeno pepper, sliced
Salt and pepper
Toast with butter (optional)
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 450F.
2. Then cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a soup spoon and scoop out some of the avocado. You’ll want to scoop out enough that a cracked egg will fit in the avocado.
3. Once the avocado is scooped, pour lime juice all over the cut side of each avocado half and then drain away the excess juice.
4. Grab a rimmed baking sheet and line it. I lined it with a Silpat of course. Place the avocado next to the rim so it can stay upright. Crack the egg into the center of the avocados and top with salt and pepper.
5. Now bake the avocados in the oven for about 12-14 minutes or until the whites are cooked. Top them with red jalapeno slices and scallions before serving and eat away!