(Recipe can be found The Naked Kitchen site.)
Step by Step Instructions:
These delightful zucchini chips require the following ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar, Bread Crumbs, Milk, Pepper, Zucchini, Parmesan Cheese, and Whole Wheat Flour.
Begin by preheating the oven to 425 degrees. Then in a bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and black pepper in a bowl. One thing to note is that I halved the recipe because I didn’t want tons of leftovers.
Then I sliced up my zucchini into fairly small slices.
In another bowl I added the milk, whole wheat flour, and apple cider vinegar…
…and combined until the mixture was incorporated by not over-mixed.
Each zucchini slice gets dipped in the milk/whole wheat flour/vinegar mixture. I shook each slice to remove the excess and then put them in the bread crumb mixture and evenly coat them.
Place the zucchini in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, flip each slice and bake for another 15 minutes…
…until the zucchini chips are crispy and brown on each side. Then enjoy! Seriously these are so good! Eat them on their own or with your favorite dip. Either way, I am a fan!
1/4 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/8 tsp black pepper
heaping 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cold milk (I used oat milk)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese (if using) and black pepper.
3. In separate bowl add flour, milk and vinegar. Gently stir until combined but do not over stir.
4. Dip zucchini slices in flour mixture and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place coated zucchini slices on a baking sheet (I line mine with non stick foil for easy clean up!) and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the slices over once halfway through cooking, or until browned and crisp.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrients per serving:
Cal. from Fat: 33.5,
Total Fat: 3.5g,
Sat. Fat: 0g,
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply