(Recipe can be found on the site Guru to the Outdoors here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Spicy Pasta with Sweet Potatoes will soon be on your plate with the following ingredients: Sugar, Cinnamon, Chili Powder, Olive Oil, Dried Rigatoni pasta, Cream Cheese, 6 Green Onions, 12 ounces of Sweet Potatoes that have been peeled and cut into about 3/4-inch pieces, Sriracha sauce, Peanut Butter, and Soy sauce.
Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees. (No one wants to wait on an oven.) Then in a medium-sized bowl add the potatoes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each of chili powder, sugar, and cinnamon.
Then toss until the potatoes are well coated in the spice mixture.
I grabbed a rimmed baking sheet and lined it with a Silpat. Then the potatoes are placed in a single layer. Bake the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
While the potatoes were roasting, I got a pot of water boiling for the pasta. Then I thinly sliced 6 green onions. I sliced them on the diagonal so they looked prettier.
While the pasta cooked, I measured 1/3 cup of peanut butter, and 3 ounces of cream cheese.
Right before I drained the pasta, I reserved about 2 cups of water. You probably don’t need that much, but I like to err on the safe side.
Here are the potatoes after 20 minutes of roasting. Just make sure you grab a paring knife and test that they are tender. The whole kitchen smelled fantastic, by the way.
Time to make the sauce! In a small pan heat the cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 teaspoons of Sriracha, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce over medium heat.
Then add pasta water to get the desired thickness of the sauce. I started off with about 1/2 cup of pasta water and ended up adding about 1 cup in total.
Now add most of the green onions to the sauce. You want to reserve enough for topping the dish in a moment.
Here’s the sauce all done…yum! Now it’s time to plate the dish. I spooned up some pasta, then topped it with some sweet potatoes. Then I spooned the sauce lightly over the top. You really don’t need to go too crazy with the sauce. Top with the remaining green onions and devour…whoops, I mean enjoy! Happy roasting friends!
1 12 ounce sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes (2 cups)
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon sugar
8 ounces dried rigatoni
⅓ cup peanut butter
1 3 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce (such as Sriracha sauce)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Start off by preheating your oven to 450 degrees. Then line a rimmed cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the diced sweet potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, cinnamon and sugar until the potatoes are well coated. Spread the potatoes into a flat layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. You want the potatoes to be tender, so test with a sharp knife.
3. While the potatoes roast, cook the pasta. Reserve about 1-2 cups of the pasta water and then drain once the pasta is cooked according to the package directions.
4. Once the pasta and potatoes are cooked, throw together the sauce. In a small pan combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, Sriracha sauce, and soy sauce. Then add about 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir to thin out the sauce. Add more water until the sauce is the desired thickness. Then stir in the majority of the green onions.
5. You’ll serve the dish by spooning the sauce over the pasta and potatoes and then top with remaining green onions. So good!!0
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply