(Recipe can be found on the Tasty Kitchen site here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
To make this yummy meal, the following ingredients are needed: Salt and Pepper, a Green Onion, 9 oz. package of Cheese Tortellini (cooked), Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Dried Basil, Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 cup of Frozen Peas (cooked), Feta Cheese for topping, 1 Spaghetti Squash, Dried Oregano, and Garlic Powder.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then cut the spaghetti squash in half. (I find that heating it for 30 seconds at a time as I cut the squash in half helps me muscle my way through…maybe I need sharper knives, now that I think about it!) Then use a spoon and scoop out the seeds from the squash.
Place the halved squash cut-side down on a lined cookie sheet. Enter the Silpat.) Roast the squash in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until they are tender.
As the squash roasts, I went ahead and cut my green onion (you only need a tablespoon). Then I also juiced half a lemon so that I had a tablespoon of juice.
When the squash is done, set it aside so that it can cool enough for you to handle. While the squash cooled, I cooked my tortellini and my peas (separately) according to their packages’ instructions.
The squash was a bit cooler, so I worked with each half and used a fork to pull the insides of the squash away from the peel and put them in a large bowl. You end up with these gorgeous spaghetti-looking strands. Love that!
Then add all of the ingredients except the tortellini and feta to the spaghetti squash and combine well.
Then drain the tortellini and add it to the squash mixture and gently combine so that you do not break up the tortellini. Serve this dish up to all of your favorite people (or keep it to yourself…your choice!) and top with a little sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese. Holy smokes, this dish rocks! I hope you enjoy!!
1 whole Spaghetti Squash
1 package 9 0z Package, Cheese Tortellini
1 cup Organic Peas
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Green Onion (chopped)
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
½ teaspoons Dried Basil
½ teaspoons Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Feta Cheese, For Crumbling Over Each Serving
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half length wise. You can place it (cut side down on a baking sheet) and bake it in the oven for 45-60 minutes at 350 F … Or … admittedly I just put it in a heat proof dish with half an inch of water and popped it in the microwave for 10 minutes. Then I checked for doneness and cooked it about another 10 minutes. You want it to be fork tender. Then remove it from the oven or microwave and using a fork, pull the insides of the squash away from the peel. It looks like long spaghetti strands! Set the squash strands aside in a large bowl.
2. Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions.
3. I used organic frozen peas, so I put them in a heat proof dish with about half an inch of water and microwaved them for 4 minutes. (This was according to the package.) Put the peas into the bowl with the squash.
4. Mix together all of the ingredients (except the tortellini and feta), in the large bowl. When mixed go ahead and add the tortellini and mix gently to combine.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of feta cheese and enjoy!1
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply