(This Pumpkin Fettuccini Alfredo can be found on the site Pinch of Yum here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
You’ll be enjoying this Pumpkin Fettuccini Alfredo before you know it, because this recipe comes together in a snap. Here’s what you’ll need: Salt and Pepper to taste, 8-12 ounces of Fettuccini nests, 2 tablespoons of Butter, chopped Parsley (for topping), 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream (you can add up to 1/2 a cup more if you’d prefer), 5 Garlic Cloves, 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, and 1 cup of Pumpkin Puree.
Begin by prepping your garlic, then mince using your preferred method.
I love this garlic twist gadget to mince the garlic really easily and quickly.
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Measure out your pumpkin now, so you’re not waiting on it.
Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat, and add the butter to the pan.
Add the chopped garlic to the melted butter and cook for 30-60 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant.
Add the cream and 1 cup of pumpkin, and then whisk the mixture together and reduce the heat to allow it to simmer until the sauce thickens. A note on the cream . . . I used 2 cups of cream (not realizing the original recipe called for 2 1/2 cups) and that amount worked perfectly. So it’s up to you if you on how much cream you’d like to use.
Here are my fettuccini nests, and I opted to use 8 ounces of pasta. And these nests are really great because they’re thin and work really well in highlighting a great sauce.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Reserve a cup or so of the pasta water, and then drain the cooked pasta.
At this point, the sauce had thickened, but you should know it won’t be really thick or anything.
Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese along with salt and pepper to taste, and stir until it’s well combined. The Pumpkin Fettuccini Alfredo is almost done, so get excited!
Then you’ll add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
The pasta is tossed with the sauce until it’s well coated, and then the Pumpkin Fettuccini Alfredo is served right away. Finally I liked to top my Pumpkin Fettuccini Alfredo with grated Parmesan and some chopped parsley. Happy pasta eating!
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 8-12 ounces Fettuccini (I preferred the Fettuccini nests)
- 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cups of Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Parsley, optional (for topping)
- First bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook your fettuccini according to package instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, reserve about ½ cup of pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Then melt the butter. Add the garlic to the melted butter, and cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the cream and pumpkin to the skillet and whisk together. Once combined, reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer until is thickens slightly.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Then site until well combined. Finally add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until the pasta is coated with sauce. Serve immediately and top with a little grated Parmesan and chopped parsley and enjoy!