(Recipe can be found on the site Lemon-Sugar here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Honey Beer Bread will be on the table and mouths will be drooling in no time…here’s what you’ll need: Beer (12 ounces of your favorite…you can see that Sam Adams is one of mine), 3 cups of All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Honey, 2 tablespoons of Sugar, and 4 tablespoons of Butter.
First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then you can start off by melting your butter. This handy little tool is great for melting butter in the microwave, but use whatever method you like.
Here’s the melted butter, which you can just set to the side.
In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients including 3 cups of flour (or 384 grams…I prefer to weigh my ingredients when I can), 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, a teaspoon of salt.
Whisk the ingredients together until they are combined well.
Next add a 12 ounce bottle of your favorite beer and 2 tablespoons of honey. If you have issues with getting all of the honey from the measuring spoon, a great tip that I use is spray the measuring spoon with a little cooking spray…works like a charm!
Use a spoon or spatula and stir the wet and dry ingredients together until they begin to combine. Be careful not to over mix or the bread will be tough.
Pour approximately half of the melted butter in the bottom of a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Make sure that the melted butter fully coats the boattom of the pan.
Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and carefully smooth the top.
Pour the remaining melted butter over the bread and bake for 50-60 minutes until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick comes out cleanly. Check on the bread after about 40 minutes of baking to make sure it isn’t browning too much. If it does, you can cover it with foil and finish baking.
Once the bread is done, go ahead and set it on a cooling rack. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
Carefully remove the bread from the loaf pan and let it begin to cool on the cooling rack. Drizzle a little honey over the top of the bread. Serve while still warm and have butter and more honey on hand for topping the slices of bread. Cannot wait for you to try this one out. Happy beer bread baking!!
3 cups all-purpose flour (384 grams)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons honey
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer (I used Sam Adams Boston Lager)
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk until well combined.
3. Add the honey and beer to the dry ingredients and stir together until they combined. (Don’t over-stir the batter.)
4. Grab a 9x5x3 and pour half of the melted butter on the bottom of the pan. Then spoon in the batter and use a spatular or spoon to smooth the top of the dough. Then top the bread with the remaining melted butter.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Peek after about 40 minutes to make sure the top isn’t getting too brown. If it is, cover it with some foil. I didn’t have that problem and after 50 minutes mine was done. You want the crust to be golden and a toothpick to be inserted and come out cleanly.