(This Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread recipe can be found on the site Well Plated here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Before you know it you’ll be enjoying this Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, so here’s everything you’ll need: Baking Soda, Coconut Flour, ground Cinnamon, 6 Eggs at room temperature, Vanilla Bean Paste (or good quality extract), Pure Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, Kosher Salt, 1 medium Zucchini, 1 ripe Banana, Ground Nutmeg, and 4 ounces of Dark Chocolate.
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then you’ll grate a medium zucchini over the large holes of your grater until you have 1 cup.
As soon as you have a cup’s worth, you can stop grating.
Grab a couple of paper towels and layer them. Next up, turn out the zucchini onto the paper towels, and fold up the sides. Carefully squeeze out all of the excess moisture. Alternatively, you can press the zucchini against a fine mesh strainer or use a cheese cloth to squeeze out the extra water.
Finally transfer the zucchini to a bowl, and set it to the side.
Next you’ll mash the ripe banana, and put them aside for a moment.
As for the dish, you’ll need to grab an 8×8-inch baking dish (metal or glass should be fine). Then cut a strip of parchment paper the width of the bottom of the dish, and lay it so it drapes over 2 of the sides of the dish as you see here.
Then chop up the chocolate. You’ll want to divide it into 1/3 and 2/3 amounts (roughly). Then you can chop 2/3’s of the chocolate a bit finer, and chop the other third a bit neater (as this part will go on the top).
Grab a large bowl and add the mashed bananas along with the 6 eggs, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (or 4 if you want it a little sweeter), 2 tablespoons of coconut oil that is melted and cooled, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
Whisk the mixture so that it’s well combined.
Time for the dry ingredients. Add 3/4 cup of coconut flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon of Kosher salt to the bowl.
Grab a wooden spoon, and stir until the mixture is well combined.
Add the zucchini along with 2/3’s of the chocolate you chopped up.
Fold in the zucchini and chocolate so it’s mixed throughout the batter.
Transfer the batter into the pan, and spread the batter evenly across the top.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate over the top, and you can make it as neat or disorderly as you like! Bake the Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Here is the bread after baking. You’re looking for the top to be golden brown, and if you insert a toothpick into the center, it comes clean showing it’s cooked all the way through. Let it sit on a wire rack for 30 minutes just like this.
Finally after 30 minutes of cooling, use the excess parchment paper over the ends to gently lift the bread out of the pan. Ease the parchment paper away from the bread, and let it finish cooling completely on the wire rack. Cut the Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread into squares and serve right away and enjoy! The bread will keep at room temperature for 4-5 days. Happy baking!!
- 1 cup shredded Zucchini (from about 1 medium zucchini)
- 6 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 large ripe Banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup (Go for the good quality kind here to give your bread even better flavor)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- ¾ cup Coconut Flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks or dark chocolate chips (to keep the bread completely paleo, use a dairy-free chocolate)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan (metal or glass will work) with parchment paper. Prep all of your ingredients. That includes grating your zucchini and squeezing out any excess moisture. (You can do this either pressing it with a fine mesh strainer, pressing it in-between a couple of layers of paper towels, or using a cheese cloth.
- In a large bowl, mash your ripe banana. Then whisk in the 6 eggs, 3-4 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it), 2 tablespoons of melted and cool coconut oil, and a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
- Once the liquid ingredients are well combined, add ¾ cup of coconut flour, 1½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon of baking soda, 1/ teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon of salt to the bowl and stir until it’s well combined.
- Add ⅔ of the chopped dark chocolate to the bowl along with the grated zucchini to the bowl and fold it into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and spread it out so it’s flat across the top. Then top with the remaining chocolate chunks. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden and when you insert a toothpick in the center, it comes out clean.
- Let the baked bread cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, and then carefully remove it from the baking dish to let it finish cooling completely. Once it’s cool, serve and enjoy!