(Maple Nut Vanilla Latte Protein Bites recipe can be found on the site Cotter Crunch here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Healthy snacking is crazy easy with these Maple Nut Vanilla Latte Protein Bites. Here’s what you’ll need: Almond Butter (or your favorite nut butter), Vanilla Bean Protein Powder, Coconut Flour (or you can use Almond Meal), chopped Walnuts (or preferred nut of choice), Ground Coffee, Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract which is optional), and Maple Syrup.
Start off by lining a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Then grab a large bowl and add the dry ingredients including 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (next time I’ll more finely chop them), 1/3 cup of coconut flour, 1/4 cup of vanilla protein powder, and 1 tablespoon of ground coffee.
Whisk the mixture together.
Then add 1/2 cup of almond butter and vanilla bean paste (or extract). I liked adding the extra vanilla to pump up the vanilla flavor a bit.
Then add 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
Combine all of the ingredients until the mixture is totally combined. I used my hands to do that but a wooden spoon would work fine too. If the mixture is to wet or too dry to roll, add a little extra flour or liquids to make it the best consistency. I added extra almond butter and maple syrup to mine to make the bites easier to form.
Then roll the mixture into bite-sized balls. You will probably have around 18-20 balls. Place each on the lined baking sheet. Then either freeze or refrigerate the formed protein bites. I froze mine for about an hour.
In a small bowl, I added some protein powder and coffee.
Then I mixed it together with a fork.
Once the protein bites have chilled, you can enjoy them as is or pop them right in the refrigerator to eat them later. Or you can roll the protein bites in the protein powder/coffee mixture. I rolled about half of the Maple Nut Vanilla Latte Protein Bites and left the rest as is. Happy snacking!!!
- ¼ cup chopped Nuts (I used Walnuts but Hazelnuts or Pecans would be great too)
- ⅓ cup Almond Meal or Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Almond Butter (or your preferred nut butter)
- 1- 2 tbsp ground Coffee
- ¼ to ⅓ cup Vanilla Bean Protein of choice
- ¼ to ⅓ cup Maple Syrup (Honey would work too)
- Optional Add-ins: ¼ tsp each: pure Vanilla Bean Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste and Maple Extract
- ) Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- ) Start off by whisking the nuts, coconut flour/almond meal, ground coffee, and protein powder together in a large bowl.
- ) Add in the liquid ingredients including the nut butter, maple syrup, and any extracts or vanilla bean paste you’re going to add. It’s best to add the syrup in last.
- ) Combine the mixture. If you’re happy with the consistency, start forming the mixture into bite-sized balls. If you aren’t liking the consistency, add some extra nut butter, maple syrup, or flour or protein powder.
- Place the balls on the lined baking sheet. You’ll have about 18-20 balls, and you can pop the protein bites in a fridge or freezer. Once they are chilled, you can enjoy them as is or you can roll them in some protein powder, coffee, or a mixture of both. Happy snacking!!