(This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe can be found on the Tasty Kitchen site here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
For this heart-warming and crazy-easy Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, the following ingredients are needed: 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 box of Rice-A-Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice Soup Mix, 1 envelope of Lipton’s Chicken Noodle Soup mix, 1 cup of shredded or chopped cooked chicken breast (I used one chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken), and then add any veggies you want. I opted for diced onions and diced carrots (about 1/2 cup of each).
To begin, bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Once it has come to a boil, add the dry rice from the Rice-A-Roni mix (omit the seasonings), one envelope of Lipton’s chicken noodle soup mix, and at this point add any veggies you want in the soup so that they have time to cook. Then boil everything for 10 minutes, while stirring regularly, because you don’t want the food to stick.
Can you believe we’re already halfway to the Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup being finished?! After 10 minutes of boiling, add the cooked chicken and one can of cream of chicken soup. Finally, stir until combined and boil the soup for an additional 10 minutes. Stir pretty frequently so that the ingredients do not stick to the bottom.
Then you’re done. Seriously, that’s all there is to it! The Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is now ready to serve, and enjoy it immediately. It would be fabulous in a bread bowl but I chose to serve mine with a small piece of baguette. This soup was absolutely delicious and completely hit the spot on these chilly fall days. Enjoy!
- 5 cups Water
- 1 box (4.2 Oz. Box) Rice-A-Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix
- 1 envelope (1 Oz. Packet) Lipton’s Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
- 1 cup Shredded Or Chopped Cooked Chicken Breast
- 1 can (10.75 Oz. Can) Cream Of Chicken Soup
- ¼ cups Diced Onion (optional)
- ½ cups Diced Celery (optional)
- ½ cups Diced Carrot (optional)
- Begin by bringing some water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the dry rice and soup mix along with any added veggies you want and boil for 10 minutes.
- Next add the chicken breast and cream of chicken soup. Boil for another 10 more minutes and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Subscribe To My Newsletter!
Ready to get weekly recipes, cooking tips, and more delivered straight to your inbox? Perfect! Sign up here and you're in.
Leave a Reply