(These Skinny Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites can be found on the site Kirby’s Cravings here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Skinny Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites will be satisfying you and your family in no time. Here’s what you’ll need: Fat-free Greek Yogurt, 1/2 a Head of Cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets, Panko bread crumbs, Sriracha, Sweet Chili Sauce (try to get the smooth kind without bits of chili in it, but if you can’t no worries – we’ll address that in a few), Honey, 2 Eggs, and Fresh Parsley.
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Then whisk up the 2 eggs and place them in a bowl.
Then measure out 1 1/2 cups of Panko bread crumbs and place them in their own bowl.
Time to start breading your cauliflower. In batches, add the cauliflower to the eggs and use your left hand to make sure the cauliflower is totally coated in egg.
Then transfer the cauliflower to the bread crumbs and use your right hand to make sure the cauliflower is well-coated in the bread crumbs. You will probably have to press the Panko onto the cauliflower a bit so it sticks.
Then transfer the cauliflower to a lined baking sheet. You can line it with parchment paper or a Silpat, which is what I used. Once all of the cauliflower is coated and transferred to the baking sheet, bake it in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower has a nice dark brown crust.
Now if you have a smooth sweet chili sauce, awesome & you can skip this step. If not, then do what I did and use a fine mesh strainer to press the sauce into so that the chilis collect and you’re left with a smooth sauce. You’ll want 2 tablespoons worth of sauce.
Here is the sauce minus the chilis and it’s ready to go.
Then in a small bowl add 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of the sweet chili sauce, 1 teaspoon of Sriracha, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
And whisk away so that the sauce is nice and smooth.
If you want to garnish with parsley, go ahead and finely chop it so it’s ready for you.
I let my cauliflower bake for 25 minutes or so to allow them to get a really nice crust with a dark golden brown color. Serve the Skinny Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites immediately, garnish with the chopped parsley and drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower. With the remaining sauce, serve it as a dipping sauce. Enjoy & happy cauliflower eating!
- ½ head of Cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1½ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce (I bought mine from an Asian grocery store. Make sure to buy the kind that is a smooth sauce without chili seeds)
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce (like Sriracha)
- ¼ cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt (Fage or a brand with thicker yogurt consistency)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp fresh Parsley, finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Start off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then cut up the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces if you haven’t yet.
- Whisk your eggs and put in a bowl. Then put the Panko in its own bowl. Then you’ll put some of the florets in the egg and make sure that they are well coated. Then shake the egg off a bit and put the cauliflower in the bowl with the Panko. Cover up the cauliflower and make sure they are well-coated with the bread crumbs and you may need to pat the bread crumbs into the cauliflower a bit.
- Transfer the coated cauliflower to a lined baking sheet. Line with a Silpat or parchment paper. And bake all of the cauliflower bites in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is crispy and a slightly dark brown color to maximize flavor.
- While the cauliflower bakes, whisk together the sweet chili sauce, hot sauce, Greek yogurt, and honey. You can also finely chop some parsley to top the cauliflower if you’d like.
- Once the cauliflower is finished, serve it right away. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top of the cauliflower if you choose, and then drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower. Reserve some sauce for dipping if desired. And enjoy!!