(Recipe can be found on the Tasty Kitchen site here.)
Step by Step Ingredients:
This delicious cornbread comes together with the following ingredients: Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt, Corn Meal, Cinnamon, Flour, Baking Powder, 2 Eggs, Pumpkin Puree, Olive Oil and Molasses.
Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Then combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and cornmeal in a large bowl.
Using a whisk, I mixed the ingredients until there were no lumps.
In a smaller bowl, I whisked my eggs together.
To the eggs, the pumpkin puree, olive oil, and molasses were added.
The wet ingredients are whisked together until well combined.
Then I added the wet ingredients to my dry ingredients and stirred with a wooden spoon.
I mixed the cornbread batter until just combined.
The batter gets poured into an 8×8 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Then I used my offset spatula to level the top. (Sorry for the blurry image there…) 🙂
The cornbread is baked for 30 minutes and should be served warm. I served mine with a little spray butter and drizzled with some honey…hello Fall!!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, brown sugar, and cornmeal.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, and then stir in the pumpkin, oil, and molasses.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined, and then pour the batter into the pan, smoothing out the top as much as possible.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.