(Recipe can be found on the Tasty Kitchen site here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
The following ingredients are needed for these cookies: Brown Sugar, Creamy Peanut Butter, Extra Chunky Peanut Butter, Nutella, Old Fashioned Oats, Vanilla (I used Vanilla Paste but Vanilla Extract is totally fine), Baking Soda, Salt and 1 Egg.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the Nutella. I wish this photo were scrach and sniff because it smells soooo good!
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. In my Kitchen Aid bowl, I added 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 egg, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup extra chunky peanut butter and then 3 lovely tablespoons of Nutella.
Then I turned on the mixer (using my lovely beater blade that scrapes the sides of the bowl as it mixes – brilliant!) and mixed up the dough until well combined. Since it’s a flourless cookie, it kind of reminded me of cowboy cookies, which I remember having at parties as a kid. But I digress…
If the dough seems at all runny, you might pop the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or so to allow it to firm up a bit. Then just take a teaspoon measuring spoon and roll that much dough into a small ball and place them fairly far apart on a lined baking sheet.
Then bake the cookies for 9 minutes.
Once the cookies were baked, I let them cool on a wire rack. I didn’t want them to be warm when I assembled them with frosting.
For the frosting I used 3-4 Tablespoons of creamy peanut butter and 2-3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar. Just play around with the amounts to see what works for you.
Then I used a hand mixer and mixed the two ingredients together until frosting consistency. Once the frosting was made, I found like-sized cookies and sandwiched them together with a small amount of frosting (I didn’t want them to be more rich than they already were). Then I had to “test” the cookies to make sure they were okay…and boy were they! 🙂 These cookies are really great heated up the next few days for 10-15 seconds. Seriously mouth watering…
FOR THE COOKIES:
½ cups Packed Brown Sugar
1 pinch Salt
½ teaspoons Vanilla
½ teaspoons Baking Soda
1 whole Egg
½ cups Old Fashioned Oats
½ cups Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
3 Tablespoons Nutella
FOR THE FROSTING:
3 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar, Or More If You Like Frosting Sweeter
1. Mix together all of the cookie ingredients.
2. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
3. Use a teaspoon measuring spoon to form balls of dough, and place the balls on the tray, leaving plenty of room between the balls since the cookies spread out quite a bit while cooking.
4. Cook on 350F for 9 minutes. Makes about 28 cookies.
5. For the frosting, just beat together 3 heaping spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter with 2-3 spoonfuls of powdered sugar, depending on how sweet you like it.
6. Spread the frosting between two cookies. Makes 14 sandwiches, unless you eat some of the cookies before they’re made into sandwiches. Not that I did that or anything…