(Recipe can be found on the site Lovely Little Kitchen here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Here’s what you’ll need for this delicious Coconut Oil Honey Almond Granola: Almond Extract, Old Fashioned Oats, Honey, Brown Sugar, Coconut Oil, Salt, Almonds (I used a mix of slivered and sliced) and Vanilla Bean Paste (or Vanilla Extract would work too).
First things first…preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then in a blender or food processor, add 1/2 cup of almonds and for this batch we are going to finely chop them.
Here they are after being finely chopped. Pour them into a separate dish.
Time for round 2. Put the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds in the blender and pulse until they are lightly chopped.
Here are the almonds lightly chopped.
Grab a large bowl and add 3 cups of oats plus all of the almonds.
So this part was a bit of a boo boo on me…at this point add 1/3 cup of brown sugar and a teaspoon of salt and combine. If you miss it like I did, and add the 1/3 cup of honey now…no worries. The granola will still turn out great.
Here are the oats combined with the honey, brown sugar and salt.
In a perfect world I’d have the honey and coconut oil in this shot, but in my world the honey already went in (see above). Grab a microwave-safe dish and add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (and 1/3 cup of honey if applicable). Heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave…
…or until the coconut oil has melted.
To the oil add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (or extract) and 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract…
…and whisk the extracts together with the oil.
Then pour the coconut oil over the oat mixture.
Use a spoon or your hands (I opted for the latter) and make sure the granola is well combined.
Line a rimmed sheet pan with a Silpat or parchment paper.
Pour the granola onto the lined pan and spread it into an even layer. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove the granola from the oven and stir it with a wooden spoon. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
Here is the granola right out of the oven. I sooo wish we had scratch and sniff monitor technology so you could smell this granola. Wow!
Pour the granola out on waxed paper and spread it into an even layer and let it cool completely.
After it’s cooled, break up the granola into small chunks and store it in an air tight container. Enjoy as a snack, as your morning cereal, or top on yogurt. The world is your oyster, my friends, so eat up this granola however you please! Happy snacking!!
Makes about 4 cups of granola
1 cup almonds, divided
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Divide your almonds in half and process the first batch until it’s finely ground. Then remove that batch from the food processor or blender and pulse the second batch of almonds so they are still lightly chopped.
3. In a large bowl add 3 cups of old-fashioned oats, the finely ground almonds and the chopped almonds along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/3 cup of brown sugar. Stir to combine.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl add 1/3 cup of honey and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave for at least 30 seconds or until the coconut oil has melted. Then stir the honey and oil together and add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract.
5. Add the honey and oil mixture to the bowl of oats and stir til combined well. (Feel free to mix with your hands if that is easier.)
6. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Then pour the granola mixture in a single layer.
7. Bake for 5 minutes. Then remove the sheet pan from the oven and and stir the granola. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
8. Pour the granola out onto waxed paper and let it cool completely. Once cooled, break the granola into small chunks and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!