(This Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry recipe can be found on the site Gimme Some Oven here.)
Step by Step Instructions:
Dinner will be served in record time, because of this simple Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry. It’s delicious and easy, and here’s what you’ll need: Olive Oil, Honey, Corn Starch, Broccoli florets from 1 head of broccoli, Sesame Seed Oil, Rice Vinegar, Salt & Pepper, Reduced-sodium Soy Sauce, Ground Ginger, 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts cut into bite-sized pieces, 1/2 cup of thinly sliced Green Onions (about 4), and a teaspoon of toasted Sesame Seeds. (If you don’t know how to toast sesame seeds, then all you do is heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat (no oil) and add the sesame seeds stirring for a couple of minutes until they start to brown.)
Mince 1 clove of garlic, and I love my garlic twist!
In a large nonstick skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then heat over medium high heat.
Add the chicken to the hot oil and season well with salt and pepper. Then stir regularly for about 5 minutes until the chicken is nicely browned.
While the chicken cooks, whisk together the sauce. Then in a small bowl add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of corn starch, your minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, and a teaspoon of sesame oil.
While the chicken cooked for 5 minutes, it began to brown on all sides.
Go ahead and add the broccoli to the pan along with another tablespoon of olive oil. Then stir for another 3 minutes until the broccoli has cooked.
While the broccoli cooks, whisk the sauce until the corn starch is well combined.
After about 3 minutes, the broccoli was tender and starting to brown as it sautéed, so that means the Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry is nearly ready!
Add the sauce to the pan, and stir for a minute until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken and broccoli.
Once the sauce has thickened, remove the Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry from the heat. Serve it right away with rice, and then top it with the sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds. How fast is that?! Happy eating!
- Stir Fry:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 head of Broccoli, cut into small florets, discard stem
- ½ cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted Sesame Seeds
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Before you start cooking, get all of your ingredients prepped, because it’ll help dinner come together in just a few minutes. So slice your green onions, cut your broccoli into small florets, and cut your chicken up.
- Then in a large, nonstick pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil, and stir regularly for 5 minutes or until the chicken has browned.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients including the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, corn starch, minced garlic, ground ginger, and sesame oil.
- Once the chicken is brown, add the broccoli florets to the pan. Stir frequently for another 3 minutes. You’re looking for the broccoli to cook, become more tender, and you’ll see it brown a little which will add some extra flavor.
- Finally add the sauce to the pan, and stir for a minutes until the sauce is thickened and has coated the chicken and broccoli. Serve right away along with some cooked rice, and top with the sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.